The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department announced that two more residents have died from COVID-19 Tuesday. The deaths were a woman in her 50s who was hospitalized and a man in his 70s in a long-term care facility. The total number of deaths in Lancaster County is now 219.
LLCHD reports 40 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Lancaster County today, bringing the community total to 27,932. Recoveries are at 12.998. The positivity rate for February 21st through the 23rd is not yet available. 35 people are hospitalized with non on ventilators. Vaccine doses administered total 70,926.
The vaccine is not yet available for the general public. As vaccine doses become available, those who are registered will be given an appointment to be vaccinated. Appointments for vaccinations are dependent on vaccine supply and are not related to the order in which people register. The registration is open to all County residents, but those who are in Phase1B – those age 65 and older and those with underlying medical conditions – are encouraged to register.
The COVID-19 Risk Dial is at mid-yellow, indicating a moderate risk of the virus spreading. Recommendations include:
- Cautious expansion of interactions with others – outdoor activities preferred
- Continue wearing a mask and distance yourself when around others from outside of your household.
- Attend businesses, gatherings and events only with modifications (i.e. physical distancing, face masks, and capacity limits)
- Follow CDC Travel Guidelines
Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, shortness of breath, repeated shaking with chills, repeated muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell. Those who experience any of these symptoms or who have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 to are urged to be tested immediately. The testing process begins with a free online risk assessment available at BryanHealth.com, CHIHealth.com or TestNebraska.com.
Drive-through testing is available from:
- CHI Health St. Elizabeth: Autumn Ridge Family Medicine, 5000 North 26th St. and Southwest Family Health, 1240 Aries Drive. Call either site to schedule an appointment: Autumn Ridge, 402-435-5300 and South West Family, 402-420-1300.
- Test Nebraska: Gateway Mall, 6100 “O” St., north parking lot of the former Sears store. Tests are conducted from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. For more information, call 402-207-9377
Testing is also available without an appointment at the three Bryan Urgent Care locations, 7501 S. 27th St., 5901 N. 27th St. and 4333 S. 86th St. To check wait times, call 402-481-6343.
For more information, visit COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov or call the Health Department hotline at 402-441-8006.