A major announcement on Lincoln’s public pools.
At today’s mayoral COVID-19 press conference, Mayor Leirion Gaylor Baird said, stating June 15th, five public swimming pools will re-open to the public with restriction.
Pools set to be open include:
- Arnold Pool in Airpark
- Ballard Pool in Northeast Lincoln
- Bellmount Pool in Northwest Lincoln
- Irvingdale Pool in South Lincoln
- Woods Pool in central Lincoln
- Open swim periods will be 90 minutes long and organized into 3 daily sessions at 12 PM 2 PM and 4 PM
- Guests will be required to have their temperature taken before entering
- Names and phone numbers will be recorded (for contact tracing purposes)
- Swimmers will be expected to socially distance themselves
- Swimmers will be required to wash with soap before entering a pool.
- No private rentals
Also announced; a familiar face is returning to Lincoln and Fire and Rescues.
Mayor Leieron Gaylor Baird said she has asked former LFR Fire Chief Michael Despain to return to the role in a temporary capacity and he has accepted.
She said the decision to ask Despain to return was made after it was clear a robust process to search for a permanent new Fire Chief wouldn’t be possible during the pandemic.
Current Interim Fire Chief, Pat Borer, will return to the assistant Fire Chief Role when Despain arrives on July 15th.